Please note – the results have been amended on 15th Dec to include both Andy Simpsons! Andy Simpson of Hardley, you are now Andrew.
Thank you to Lordshill and Wessex for putting on the show today! I think all your efforts were appreciated. This is what you said:
- Great race this morning at Janesmoor Pond – sunshine, course, mud, Santa & cakes!
- Thankyou so much to everyone who marshalled – it was awesome!!!!!
- Wow, what a race! These outings on frosty Sunday mornings keep getting better. That was by far the hardest race I have taken part in but also the most rewarding to finish. I think that I, along with a fair few others, thought I was hallucinating when I saw Father Christmas sitting in the woods playing a tuba! The marshals were festive, jolly and a pleasure to thank all the way around the course. That was truly a superb way to head into the Christmas break, although it may take a while to wash the mud out of our kit!
- many thanks to Santa’s helpers (Lordshill and Wessex) making Janesmoor another friendly if not challenging venue for the Christmas CC6 race
- We all had a great time at Janesmoor this morning. Other than one mid-race drop out due to injury everyone really enjoyed the course, including the mud! Our thanks to Lordshill and Wessex for organising, with particular mention to the cakes which as always were very welcome!
- Thank you to your club for hosting today’s race. I do love Santa’s grotto and being serenaded with the Christmas music!We were “lucky” to have Paul Hammond with us today, who was busy snapping away, catching us unawares. Thank you Paul (I hope you will be running at the next one!).
Here is the link to his photos:
Janesmoor Pond CC6
I aplogise for the late results this time… But I can assure you that if I had received all the spreadsheets and in the correct format by 6pm on Sunday they would have been done Sunday night. – Just saying…
Christmas is coming, which can mean only one thing… it’s time for the Lordshill/Wessex CC6! Following the recce on 27th Nov, Richard Widdop has given this assessment:
“The course was checked out on Sunday and considering the recent weather it is looking good.
To the first timers this means you will definitely get wet and muddy!
Please be courteous to other users of the Forest, specially those that turn up once a year in fancy dress!
Please car share and arrive in good time, you have a 6 to 7 minute walk to the start.
Enjoy the run!”