I hope you all enjoyed today’s CC6. It was pretty damn cold, very muddy and far too hilly for me! But very many thanks to our hosts Halterworth, Romsey and Southampton Tri. It must have been freezing standing around cheering us on, we appreciate it! This is what you said:
- Our thanks to Romsey RR, Halterworth Harriers RC and Southampton Tri for putting on a great and tough race. The plentiful cakes at the finish were a great reward for getting up that last hill
- Toughest course of the series so far, loved the 1/2 mile hill finish!
- Great race today, the best cakes? Possibly. The toughest course? Probably. Did we all enjoy it? Definitely! Thanks to everyone involved this morning.
- Amazing moment on a frosty CC6 this morning to have my path interupted by a herd of deer! Thanks to all the volunteer clubs for marshalling and for the cake!
- another great morning of ice, mud and hills. A fair few of us found this morning very hard work but the marshals were absolutely brilliant in cheering us all along! Fair play to Romsey, Halterworth and Southampton Tri for braving the Arctic conditions.
PLEASE COULD I REMIND THE RESULTS PEOPLE THAT ALL RESULTS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ON THE EXCEL TEMPLATES SENT OUT AT THE START OF THE SEASON. Let me know if you need another one sent. Also, please be consistent with the spelling of names and nicknames. I copy and paste names, so if you use Andy and Andrew, for instance, for the same person on different races, they end up with 2 entries.
The Ladies’ Team results have been amended, as a lady transferred from Hedge End to Stubbington mid-season, and the rules state that when this happens the runner cannot score for the club they transfer to until the next season.
Here’s an update from Ken West, Romsey Road Runners:
“We have run the course last weekend, and not to disappoint, the course is as usual suitably wet, slippery and very muddy, with just a short section on gravel and a nice slippery hill to finish.
Parking near the race venue is in the two areas known as Stoney Cross Plain and Stoney Cross, opposite Longbeech campsite, and walking access to the race area is via Longbeech campsite.
Please use the car parks and do not park in or along the Longbeech road as this is for emergency vehicles access.
As ever, please encourage car sharing as much as possible as parking is very limited.”
Please click on the link below for directions, instructions, and a lovely map!
carshare – carshare – carshare – carshare – carshare – carshare – carshare – carshare !!