Stubbington Green Runners and Netley Abbey Runners will be hosting CC6 #2 at Manor Farm Country Park on Sunday 13thOctober @ 09:30. Manor Farm is located just off Junction 8 of the M27 and signposted from the Motorway. The nearest postcode is SO31 1BH.
Route and Safety:
The route is approximately 4.3 miles long with a couple of hills. With the recent rain, the route is muddy in many places, so trail shoes are recommended. Please take care when running downhill especially. There will be a couple of quiet roads to cross which are marshalled, but there will be very few, if any, cars. There are also a couple of gates to negotiate. Any exposed tree roots and stumps will be marked where possible.
As ever, we expect parking to be tight, so please car share as much as possible. There will be no parking charges on the day, so there is no need to buy a parking ticket. Please do not park on the access road outside the Country Park entrance. Follow the road towards the Barnfield Car Park and Marshalls will direct you. Please follow the instructions of the Car Park marshals and be aware of traffic while walking along the road to the start area.
- The start is 09:30 prompt. Please allow time to arrive, park and get to the start.
- We do not have exclusive access to the Country Park, which is popular with dog walkers, cyclists, and other users, so please be considerate to the local residents.
- The Ladies and Gents toilets in Barnfield will be unlocked for the race.
- The Start and Finish will be at the same point level with the hut in Barnfield.
- The route is a mixture of grass, gravel paths, but mainly trails and bridleways, through fields and copses and along the river. Tree roots, ruts, large stones, low branches, posts, steps, gates, bridges and a couple of lovely hills (first at Mile 1 and a final one near the finish) will require you to watch your step around the course – please pay attention and listen to marshalls who will be at all important marking and warning points.
- There will be water available at the end of the race however, in an effort to reduce our environmental impact, it has been decided not to provide cups so please bring your drink or reusable cup.
Our members are also providing cakes and treats so please help yourself post-race.
Please also take any litter home to keep the park clean.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday!