What a finale! Thank you New Forest & Lymington Tri for a great race today, and as for the cake tent, WOW!! So lucky with the weather, just imagine running that course in the rain…
So, congratulations to the following:
1st Richard Waldron SAC, 2nd James Phillips Lymington Tri, 3rd Dan Campion Lordshill.
1st Nikki Roebuck Stubbington, 2nd Sam Parkinson Winchester, 3rd Emma Carter Winchester
1st Men’s Team Southampton AC, and 1st Ladies Team Stubbington.
Not so much feedback in the results’ emails this time, whether that’s due to it being Mothers’ Day or sheer exhaustion, I’m not sure, but some postie chap did complain that the course hadn’t been cleaned up very well! (He fell over twice!) He did have a twinkle in his eye when he said it though.
This is what you thought of it:
- The running mothers of Winchester were so taken by the groaning cake table before the race we decided to take a team photo, cake stall and ladies, amazing! It was nice to have a race with a little less mud than previous courses (just for change), with sunshine, friendly marshals and a real end of term feel, well done, we enjoyed the race despite some heavy legs.
- Thanks to New Forest and Lymo for today’s race – a great way to end the season, a Spring Classic! Bring on the RR10. Thanks for your efforts this season.
- Please extend our thanks to New Forest and LTC for a great, and tough, race. As usual they put on a great selection of cakes which were very welcome!
A great season enjoyed by hundreds of runners, see you at the RR10s!
A message from Stuart Judd:
There are some cracking photos from the CC6 at Wilverley at either our club facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/89119299349/
or on this flickr page https://flic.kr/g/sbskF
Hope you all enjoyed running it and much as we enjoyed hosting it.
Stuart Judd, NFR
New Forest Runners & Lymington Tri Club
2016 CC6 7/7: Wilverley Plain
|NEAREST POST CODE
(Private house – race car parks 500m north)
|OS GRID REF
||SU 254 010
|DATE: 6th March 2014
||RACE START 0930 Prompt
- From North: Take A35 south from Lyndhurst.
- (NOTE: PLEASE ALLOW 10 MIN EXTRA THROUGH LYNDHURST)
- From South: Take A35 North from Christchurch.
- Turn left onto slip road at Holmsley Tea Rooms,
- Signed “Setthorns”, “Burley Manor Hotel”.
- Turn right onto minor road
- Signed “Setthorns”, “Sway”, “Brockenhurst”.
- Travel east for 2km, over cattle grid, follow road up and left to car parks.
- There is an initial 1 km wide, flat grass run prior to the path narrowing.
- The course consists of grass, gravel track, mud, single track, bog and water crossings. Spikes are not recommended.
- The course is configured as a single loop.
- The course is owned by the Forestry Commission and is open for public use.
- Please be considerate to other forest users and aware of horses.
- There are limited toilet facilities in the main car park (Please Car share where possible to reduce congestion and needing to use overflow car parks ½ mile away)
- Tea and Cake available afterwards.
- Free mud and trainers* filled with water for every finisher.
*runners will need to bring their own trainers 🙂